I was retouching some pictures of my sis this afternoon and in some shots I had to remove those scary red Dracula eyes.
For this procedure I had found a great and easy tutorial in the past, unfortunately I can’t find the link to it. I will describe the process as it is worthwhile to share cause it only takes less than a minute to remove those red eyes! In fact my sis’ eyes are beautiful, it’s her temper sometimes that reminds me of Dracula 😀 hehehe!
1. With your picture opened go to Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Channel Mixer… and hit OK on the next dialog
2. Set the dials to: Output channel= Red and Red=0% , Blue=50%, Green=50% don’t change anything else. You’ll notice a color change in your picture but fear not!
3. Click on the adjustment layer’s mask to select as active and fill the whole picture area with 100% black (paintbucket Tool – G). The picture will return to it’s original color.
4. Select the white color from your swatches and a soft brush and paint on the red area of the irises. The red will dissapear giving it’s place to the natural color of the eyes.
5. Flatten your image: Layer > Flatten Image, or right click on the background layer on the layers palette and select Flatten Image there.
That was quick! wasn’t it?